Sunday, 6 December 2015

WINTER HEART SCRUMBLE PICTURE.

This is a wall hanging in the shape of a heart made with wintry colours of white, blues, silvers etc.




I first made a template from cardboard and then drew this onto calico as my backing.
Here you can see some of th early pieces places on the cardboard heart.




You can see the pen mark on the calico, giving me my line to keep within for the pieces.
It helps if you have a frame to put the calico on to keept it taut and then you can pin the pieces on as you go and move them to get the best effect.


Here are a few close ups of the various stitches and shapes .
I have added pearls and crystals where needed.

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before but this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy
    Thanks so much for your comment, this is a new blog devoted only to scrumbles, you are the first to make a comment, its so difficult to get these blogs started.
    These take time to make but I love every minute of it as you can be as creative as you want and only need to make small pieces at a time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! A friend sent me your link and boy I'm blown away. Now I know what I'm going to try and make myself using my leftover yarns. You're quite the inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! A friend sent me your link and boy I'm blown away. Now I know what I'm going to try and make myself using my leftover yarns. You're quite the inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I am really a lover, collector and creator of hearts.

    Scrumbling is amazing.

    Thanks for starting this blog just for this medium.

    Happy 2016 ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete