Tuesday, 12 January 2016

CAFE CREME SCRUMBLE PICTURE.


I have blogged about this picture before but thought I would add it to this new blog for anyone who has not seen it.


This scrumble measures 14" x 10" and is not as big as the wall hanging on the header or the 'Fire Scrumble ' that I am working on at the moment.
I printed out a cup of coffee onto fabric  to make the centre piece, then added my scrumble pieces around this.
Again this is worked on a backing of calico and the pieces are pinned on and sewn in place when I was happy with the placement.


The pale pink is a mohair knitted piece with the added pink pearls, I am a pearl addict and add them to most of my scrumbles.
Knubble cream wool is always a favourite to give a good thick texture.


Here I have added a small piece of tatting and just a plain old piece of garter stitch knitting.

  

I hope this goes a little way to giving you some ideas for making your own picture.
Good luck

7 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything so unusual. thank you for sharing food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for visiting, hope you will call again and maybe have a go yourself

      Delete
  2. Have been wanting to try this, your pieces are wonderful
    I'd like to put some smallish pieces together on jewelry, or purses.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you know I am your biggest fan of your scrumbles this is a pure delight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pieces of scrumble-art. Please do you ever cut pieces of crochet or knitting to make it fit....?
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete